We’re just two weeks away (give or take a day or two) from Christmas!
Soon, offices around the country will thin out, folks will take vacations or travel to see family, and we’ll wrap up 2018 and head into the new year. But in the meantime, there’s still Christmas shopping to do, holiday meals to cook, and stories to tell around the fireplace.
As we round out this holiday season, here is a list of our 5 favorite Christmas apps right now:
- Slice: If you’re anything like us, you’ve probably already ordered a lot of presents online. Slice automatically grabs tracking numbers from your email and displays all your shipments on one screen. No more digging through emails to try to find when that Amazon shipment is going to arrive. In the era of online shopping, we’ve found Slice to be a great app to have around.
- Food Network In the Kitchen: Chances are, at least part of your holiday season will be spent around the dinner table with friends and family. Whether you’re asked to bring a side dish but don’t know what to make, or are just looking for fun new recipes to try out, Food Network‘s app is a great resource.
- Target: For the holiday shopper who hasn’t kept up on gift buying as much as they know they should, Target is a great app for last-minute shopping. The app offers discounts and a quick check of stock levels at local stores–especially useful when 2-day shipping is out of the equation!–and makes it easy to place an order for pickup the same day.
- NORAD Tracks Santa Claus: As we’ve said in years past, no Christmas app list would be complete without a mention of NORAD’s Santa Claus tracker. The app these days is mostly a mobile port of the original website, but it’s as fun as ever to keep an eye on Santa’s location throughout the world come Christmas Eve. Alternatively, if you’d like to give another Santa tracker a try this year, check out “Where Is Santa Lite.”
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas: Finally, for the Christmas story lovers in your life, the How the Grinch Stole Christmas app takes Dr. Seuss’s fun holiday story and couples it with great animation and narration. We prefer this app on a tablet for sharing with the kids, but even on a phone, it’s a Christmas treat.
The holidays may be about spending time with friends and family, but there’s no reason you can’t make your Christmastime a bit easier with the help of your smartphone and apps.
We wish you all the best as we round out the year!