It’s almost Christmas! While some of us are scrambling to get last-minute gifts, others among us are getting ready to take off of work and get in the holiday spirit.
No matter where you are during the holidays, Christmas apps are a great way to get in the spirit and create a more interactive holiday experience. Check out our list below for 5 holiday apps you can use to get the most out of this Christmas:
- NORAD Tracks Santa: NORAD Tracks Santa made our list last year, and for good reason: it’s the original Santa tracker! Track Santa all the way up to bedtime with this great app from the organization that first started tracking Santa.
- PopOut! The Night Before Christmas: We all know The Night Before Christmas–but why not make it a little more high tech this year? Whip out your iPhone or iPad and bring this old story to life with a great interactive version of this Christmas classic.
- Hello Santa: This one’s an app, but you can also try it from your PC. Hello Santa brings Santa into the 21st century with video chat! Although appointments are a bit expensive (starting at around $30), the experience is great. Who knew Santa was so high tech?
- NOAA Snow Forecast: Wondering whether or not we’ll see a white Christmas this year? It’s hard to beat NOAA’s Snow Forecast app, which gives by-the-hour, detailed reports of snow forecasts in your area. Extremely useful if you’re making holiday travel plans.
- ReindeerCam: Who doesn’t love Rudolph? ReindeerCam gives you a live stream view of reindeer getting ready for the big holiday! Tune in at the right time, and you might even see Santa feeding his reindeer! A great app for getting in the spirit.
Have a favorite holiday app that you’d like to see added to this list? Reach out to us in the comments or on Twitter and let us know!